IBL ltd (BRN C07001778) organizes the Dodo Trail which is part of the Mauritian trail calendar which is held in the Western part of Mauritius.
Four races shall be organized on Saturday 23rd of October 2021:
- Le Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km: départ à 05h30 au Restaurant Emba Filao au Morne
- Le Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km : départ à 07h30 du parking du Parc National des Gorges de la Rivière Noire
- Le Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km : départ à 08h30 du chassé Maingard, Yémen
- Le Dodo DISCOVER 5km : départ à 09h00 du chassé Maingard, Yémen
The finish line of all 4 races will be at the Riverland Sport Club at Tamarin.
Participants of the Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km, Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km and Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km must attach a medical certificate to confirm they are physically fit to run the trail.
Participants of the Dodo Trail Active 10km must have completed two (2) trail races of minimum 8km within the last six (6) months prior to the event date. (form to fill and sign on the registration platform).
Please take note that the RTN (Rando –Trail & Nature) medical certificate or any club licence for the year 2020 shall be accepted.
Further note that the medical certificate is compulsory to complete the registration. The registration will be considered as incomplete if all documents requested are not provided together with the payment. Participants having an incomplete registration will be automatically placed on a waiting list and there is no guarantee that their registration will be considered once completed.
Please note: People doing the Dodo DISCOVER 5km must also be in good health, but no medical certificate needs to be provided for registration.
Registrations are open as from the 01st of August 2021 to 24th of September 2021.
Registrations must be done through the website dedicated to the trail, www.dodotrail.com and via a secured online payment. Payments can either be made by Credit Card, Internet Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit on the ROAG website. A proof of payment must be sent via mail to [email protected] for Internet Bank Transfers and Bank Deposits.
Compulsory information required is mentioned on the website and registration form.
Quotas are being introduced for the 9th edition (2021) of the Event. Only the first 2000 complete enrolments will be admitted to the races.
|2021 REGISTRATION FEES|
|RTN/Pat Loisir members||1700||1100||800||650|
In case of cancellation of registration by the participant:
No reimbursement will be taken into consideration for any reason whatsoever (even in the case of an injury certified by a medical certificate or for a departure on a trip).
Any participant who cannot participate in the race will not be entitled to exchange or resell his/her bib. The organization team will not be responsible of any damages sustained by the participant or by any damages that the latter could cause to the other participants during the event.
RACE CHANGE, BIB SWAP:
If a participant has any queries or would like to do a ‘Bib Swap’ (Substitution) or Race Change he can notify a ROAG Representative at Race Office on the Race Pack Collection Day, 20th of October 2021.
- If a participant does a bib swap (Substitution) in respect of a Race Change he will have to pay the difference between the shorter and the longer distance plus a payment of Rs 100 (cash only) for new entrant bib.
- If a participant downgrades (changes his race from a longer distance to a shorter distance) then payment of 10% of race fee (cash only) will be applied and he will have to pay Rs 100 for a new bib. Changes can only be made at the race pack collection days (not on the day of the races).
- Please note that it is forbidden to run the race with someone else’s bib.
- A minimum age of 18 years old is required to run the Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km, the Dodo Trail RELAY (2X25km on the Dodo Trail XTREME 50 Km track) and the Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km
- A minimum age of 12 years old is required to run the Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km.
- The Dodo Trail DISCOVER 5 km is open to any person under 6 years old. Children under 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minors must provide a parental authorization to register for any race.
Runners (Men & Women) of the four main races, that is, the Dodo Trail XTREME, the Dodo Trail RELAY, the Dodo Trail TROOPER, Dodo Trail ACTIVE and Dodo Trail DISCOVER will be classified as per the age group categories below (The participants’ age on 31 December 2021 determines their respective categories).
- Children (6 to 14 years): 1st 5 girls and boys (for the Dodo Trail DISCOVER only)
- Overall: First 5 Men & Women (not applicable to the Dodo Trail DISCOVER)
- Children (12 to 15 years) : First 3 boys & girls of the Dodo Trail ACTIVE and DISCOVER only)
- Junior (16 to 19 years) : First 3 boys & girls of the Dodo Trail ACTIVE and DISCOVER only
- Senior (20 to 39 years) : First 3 Men & Women
- Veteran 1 (40 to 49 years) : First 3 Men & Women (not applicable to Dodo Trail DISCOVER)
- Veteran 2 (50 to 59 years) : First 3 Men & Women (not applicable to Dodo Trail DISCOVER)
- Veteran 3 (60 to 69 years) : First 3 Men & Women (not applicable to Dodo Trail DISCOVER)
- Master (70 years and above) : First 3 Men & Women (not applicable to Dodo Trail DISCOVER)
Each runner will receive his/her race timing in hours, minutes and seconds. The stopwatch of the organizing team will be the only official method of timekeeping. In case of ex-aequo, the prize will be attributed to the older runner.
- A race tee‐shirt
- An electronic chip
- A race bib
- A Meal
- Refreshment tables (water, coke, sugar, salt, bananas …) along the different tracks even if the trail is based on the principle of food and drink self-sufficiency
Prohibited equipment: ski‐types poles (i.e. any ski pole fitted with a metal tip) are strictly forbidden.
- Dodo Trail DISCOVER 5km: Proper running shoes.
- Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km: Water (min 1L), and proper trail running shoes.
- Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km : Water (min 1L), whistle, and proper trail running shoes
- Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km: Water (min 2L), thermal blanket, head lamp with spare batteries, whistle, proper trail running shoes. A pair of gloves could be useful and is recommended but is not compulsory.
The transition of the relay to the 2nd runner shall be at the 25th kilometer mark at PK 3 at Radier of the National Park.
Failing to comply with these requirements will result in the disqualification of the runner, who could be checked on at any moment during the event.
A multi-disciplinary medical team set up by the organization will be present on site throughout the duration of the races. Members of this team will provide medical assistance to participants at each first aid station set up along the different race track. They will also promptly notify the Race Manager or his Assistant of the inability of a participant to continue any race, if need be. The final decision in this regard will however belong to the organizer.
Upon registration at the race start, participants must willingly show their bib fastened in front of them at waist height. It is compulsory for all participants of all four races to have their electronic chip supplied to them.
Control marking points are set along the track and control at such points are compulsory for the runners. The organization could check the runners’ pack, at any time during the event and at the finish line. The time keeper will determine the ranking of each runner.
For the Dodo Trail RELAY the delivery of the armband will be particularly verified by the marshals at the radier of the National Parc at PK3 where the delivery of the relay armband takes place.
Specific conditions for the Dodo Trail Relay: if the 2nd runner decides to continue the race after the abandonment of his teammate, his bib will be marked by the Marshelling team and if he/she then continues the race, he shall do so at his own risk and will not be classified.
- Dodo Trail XTREME and Dodo Trail RELAY
|Emba Filao||Mont sur Mont||Kiosque Chamarel||Kiosque des Gorges||Kiosque de Maccabée view point Pétrin||Entrée de Filwil||Matala||Tourelle||RIVERLAND|
|ETA 1st runner||5:30||6:30||7:15||8:30||9:00||9:15||9:35||10:00||11:00|
|CUT OFF TIME XTREME||9:00||12:00||14:00||15:30||17:00|
- Dodo Trail TROOPER
|CHECK POINT||Parking des Gorges||Kiosque de Maccabée||Matala||Tourelle||Riverland|
|ETA 1st runner||7:30||8:10||8:45||9:10||10:00|
|CUT OFF TIME TROOPER||15:00||16:30|
If any runner abandons of any of the four races, he shall inform the person responsible of the nearest control point and hand to him his electronic chip. His bib will be crossed and he must then wait for pick-up at a pre-designated place. If the participant decides to continue the race in spite of those actions taken, he will do so at his own risks and no longer be under the legal responsibility of the Dodo Trail.
In the event of any non-compliance with this rule, the organization cannot be held responsible for any consequence arising therefrom. In addition, the organization reserves the right not to entertain the registration of any such participant for future editions.
Runners may only benefit from personal assistance at refreshment tables and control points, excluding any assistance: such as a pacer, helper or a carrier. Any one not complying with those rules will be disqualified.
The Dodo Trail subscribes to a liability insurance for the duration of the event. This covers any prejudice caused to third parties and runners as a result of any act of the organizer. The Dodo Trail cannot be held liable as from the moment a runner abandons a race or is disqualified for having arrived at a checkpoint after the authorized time, on the basis of a medical reason or for any other reason determined by the race director.
1. One‐hour penalty on the participant’s timing for each of the following:
- If the race number is not visible.
- If non‐authorized assistance is provided to a participant outside a refreshment post (via a “water carrier” or even a pacemaker).
- Failed to show at checkpoint.
- Failure to wear race bib.
- If the relay armband is not transmitted to the 2nd runner for the RELAY Dodo Trail.
- If the relay armband is not shown on arrival at Riverland.
- Check‐in outside the cut off times as mentioned on the race profiles.
- Making use of any type of transport during the event
- Doping or refusal to undergo the doping control.
- Non‐assistance to participant in difficulty
- Insulting, threatening or striking any Control Officer or members of the organization by participants is strictly prohibited and automatically leads to disqualification from all the four races. Any verbal or written position taken up before, during and after the race, of a defamatory or injurious nature, may be sanctioned by a prohibition to participate to any one of the races during one or more years, subject to nature of gravity of same, and without prejudice to any possible judicial proceeding whatsoever.
- Refusing to be examined by medical doctors at any moment during the race,
- Using shortcuts on the track
- Resell or exchange Dodo Trails bibs. Spot checks may take place during pre‐race checking‐in on the day of the event and, in case of infringement, any participant found wearing a bib not registered under his/her name, will immediately be disqualified from the event.
- Any runner who would be physically and psychically unfit to carry on the race.
- No bag / belt required to carry with the useful equipment.
- Failed to show at the start line or finished the race outside the set time.
- Dangerous attitude of the runner; making use of dangerous and illegal object.
- Runners have to wear their race number in the front part of their vest, at chest level, to be visible by all. Runners should be able to shout their race number at different control points if required. If any runner does not do so, he or she will be disqualified.
All claims must be made in writing and filed with the Race Director (ROAG) within 30 minutes of the announcement of the provisional results.
The trail jury is composed of the following persons: the race director and a representative of the ROAG team.
The trail jury makes decisions concerning any disqualification or stopping of races due to injury or inability of continuing the race on the recommendation of the race doctor.
Prize giving ceremony will start at 2.00pm at Riverland Sport Club. Winners from different categories will receive their prize/gift ONLY during the award ceremony.
All participants hereby expressly waive their right to the use images related to the race, and also waive their right (if any) to bring any legal proceedings in this regard against the event organizer and its authorized partners, for any use made of his/her image. All professional audio‐visual service providers or professional photographs should obtain accreditation therefore from the event organizer. It is hence hereby agreed that no image, photography or video film whatsoever of the Dodo Trail 2018 event may be sold to any private partner or private TV channel by any such professionals, without prior consent from the race organizer.
There will be no refund of registration fees in case of cancellation of the race due to an event of force majeure. For the purposes of this clause, the participants fully acknowledge that the force majeure is constituted by any adverse event likely to significantly affect the Dodo Trail, including, but not limited to:
- Notice of heavy rain
- Strong wind warning
- Electric storm
- Tropical storm, depression, cyclone
- Emergency state
- Threat or terrorist attack or alert
- In general, any condition that the organizer considers threatening the safety of the participants during the race, without notice, without compensation.
- Such a decision of cancellation of the organizer due to a force majeure as contractually defined above by the organizer, may be taken without notice, especially in case of emergency and shall not give rise to any compensation of participants of any kind, which the participants expressly acknowledge without any reservation whatsoever.
In the event the Dodo trail is cancelled for any reason whatsoever after it has started, there will be no refund to the participants.
The organization team reserves the right to amend the race track at any time, without prior notice.
Any such change shall not give rise to a refund of the participants’ registration fees.
Requests for change of race can only be done on race pack day through the race office.
All participants agree to abide by these rules by virtue of their registration to the Dodo Trail and that the organizers of the Dodo Trail shall not be liable in the event of an incident or accident that is not a result of the act of the organizer.