- Part 1: Organization and details of the event
Ze Dodo Trail Ltd (BRN C12113791) organizes the Dodo Trail which is part of the Mauritian trail calendar which is held in the Western part of Mauritius.
Five races will be organized on Sunday 7th of July 2019:
- Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km: starting at 5.30 am at Emba Filao restaurant at Le Morne
- Dodo Trail RELAY 2X25km on the Dodo Trail XTREME 50km track: starting at 5.30 am at Emba Filao restaurant at Le Morne
- Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km: starting at 8.00 am at the parking of the Black River Gorges National Park
- Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km: starting at 9.00 am at the Riverview commercial centre
- Dodo Trail FUN RUN 4 km: starting at 9.00 am at the Riverland Sport Centre
The finish line of all 5 races will be at the Riverland Sport Centre at Tamarin.
- Part 2: Medical Condition
Participants of the Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km, Dodo Trail RELAY 2X25km (on the Dodo Trail XTREME 50km track), Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km and Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km must attach a medical certificate to confirm they are physically fit to run the trail.
Please take note that the RTN (Rando –Trail & Nature) medical certificate or any club licence for the year 2019 shall be accepted. Validity 1 year.
Further note that the medical certificate is compulsory to complete the registration. The registration will be considered as incomplete if all documents requested are not provided together with the payment. Participants having an incomplete registration will be automatically placed on a waiting list and there is no guarantee that their registration will be considered once completed.
Please note: People doing the Dodo FUN RUN 4 km must also be in good health, but no medical certificate needs to be provided for registration.
- Part 3: Registrations
Registrations are open as from the 15th of March to the 9th of June 2019
Registrations must be done through the website dedicated to the trail, www.dodotrail.com and payment is effected via a secured online payment. Payments can either be made by Credit Card, Internet Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit on the ROAG website. A proof of payment must be sent via mail to [email protected] for Internet Bank Transfers and Bank Deposits.
The applicable fees for the Dodo Trail 2918 are specified below:
DATES OPENING ON 15 MARCH UP TO 09 JUNE 2019 Races DODO TRAIL
RELAY 50KM –
2 RUNNERS 25 KM EACH ON THE 50KM TRACK
IBL Runners Rs 1,750 Rs 2,400 Rs 1,200 Rs 850 Rs 650 RTN/Pat Loisir Runners Rs 1,975 Rs 2,650 Rs 1,325 Rs 900 Rs 650 Resident Runners Rs 2,200 Rs 3,100 Rs 1,550 Rs 950 Rs 650 Non-Resident Runners Rs 3,000 (75€) Rs 4,400 (110€) Rs 2,200 (55€) Rs 1,200 (30€) Rs 650 (15€) Corporate/Club Specials (price per participant 10 to 25 participants Rs 1,975 Rs 2,650 Rs 1,325 Rs 900 Rs 650 Above 25 participants Rs 1,750 Rs 2,400 Rs 1,200 Rs 850 Rs 650 ,
Maximum Participants: The first 2000 participants who completed and paid enrolments will be admitted to the race.
- Part 4: Cancellations and Race change
In case of cancellation of registration by the participant:
- From 15/03/2019 to 30/05/2019: A refund of 50% of the registration fee minus a 5% Bank Charge will be made upon a request sent to [email protected] for any cancellations.
- From 01/06/2019 to 07/07/2019: No refund for cancellation made for any reason whatsoever (even injuries attested with a medical certificate or for travelling purposes)
Any participant who cannot participate in the race will not be entitled to exchange or resell his/her bib. The organization team will not be responsible of any damages sustained by the participant or by any damages that the latter could cause to the other participants during the event.
Race change, bib swap:
If a participant has any queries or would like to do a ‘Bib Swap’ (Substitution) or Race Change he can notify a ROAG Representative at Race Office on the Race Pack Collection Day, 6th JULY 2019:
- If a participant does a bib swap (substitution) in respect of a race change he will have to pay the difference between the shorter and the longer distance plus a payment of Rs 100 (cash only) for new entrant bib.
- If a participant downgrades (changes his race from a longer distance to a shorter distance) then he will have to pay Rs 100 (cash only) for a new bib.
- Changes can only be made at the race pack collection days (not on the day of the races).
- Please note that it is strictly forbidden to run the race with someone else’s bib.
- Part 5: Minimum age restrictions
- A minimum age of 18 years old is required to run the Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km, the Dodo Trail RELAY (2X25km on the Dodo Trail XTREME 50 Km track) and the Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km.
- A minimum age of 12 years old is required to run the Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km.
- The Dodo Trail FUN RUN 4 kmis open for children as from 6 years old (ranking will be reserved only for children of 6 to 14 years old participating in the race). Parents accompanying their children must pay their registration fees, but they will not be ranked. Children under 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
Minors must have parental authorisation to register for any race for the Dodo Trail 2019. As father/mother/legal guardian, by ticking the indemnity, rules and regulations, you authorise your son/daughter to participate to the Dodo Trail 2019 and certify that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions and non-liability provisions relating to the Dodo Trail 2019.
- Part 6: Categories of participants and rankings
Participants (Men & Women) to the Dodo Trail XTREME, the Dodo Trail TROOPER and the Dodo Trail ACTIVE will be classified as per the age group categories below (The participants’ age on 31 December 2019 determines their respective categories).
- Children (12 to 15 years): First 3 boys & girls (for the Dodo Trail ACTIVE only)
- Cadet (16 and 17 years): First 3 boys & girls (for the Dodo Trail ACTIVE only)
- Junior (18 and 19 years): First 3 Men & Women
- Senior (20 to 39 years): First 3 Men & Women
- Veteran 1 (40 to 49 years): First 3 Men & Women
- Veteran 2 (50 to 59 years): First 3 Men & Women
- Veteran 3 (60 to 69 years): First 3 Men & Women
- Master (70 years and above): First 3 Men & Women
- Overall (scratch): First 5 Men & Women
There shall be no official ranking for the Dodo Trail FUN RUN 4 km but a special prize will be given to participants as per the age group below.
- Children Overall (6 to 14 years): First 5 boys & girls
- Children (6 to 9 years): First 3 boys & girls
- Children 10 to 14 years) First 3 boys & girls
Each runner will receive his/her race timing in hours, minutes and seconds. The stopwatch of the organizing team will be the only official method of timekeeping. In case of ex-aequo, the prize will be attributed to the older runner.
For the Dodo Trail RELAY: There shall be no classification by age group categories. A prize will be given to the first 3 Men, Women and Mix teams in ranking. Regarding the timing, it will be given by team and the team timing will be in hours, minutes and seconds. The stopwatch of the organizing team will be the only official method of timekeeping. In case of a tie, the prize will be awarded to the oldest team (Age of 2 runners added).
- Part 7: Equipment provided by the organization
The registration fee includes:
- A race tee‐shirt
- An electronic chip
- A race bib
- A finisher gift (50km, 25km and 10km) and a medal for the 4km (only for the children aged from 6 to 17 years)
- A Meal
- Refreshment tables (water, coke, sugar, salt, bananas …) along the different tracks even if the trail is based on the principle of food and drink self-sufficiency
- A contribution of Rs 50 to FORENA for the rehabilitation of the endemic forest in the Black River Gorges National Park
- Part 8: Compulsory equipment
- Dodo Trail FUN RUN 4 km: Proper running shoes.
- Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km: Water (min 1L), and proper trail running shoes.
- Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km : Water (min 1L), whistle, and proper trail running shoes
- Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km: Water (min 2L), thermal blanket, head lamp with spare batteries, whistle, proper trail running shoes. A pair of gloves could be useful and is recommended but is not compulsory.
- Dodo Trail Relay: the relay armband, water (min 1L), whistle, appropriate running shoes for each of the 2 runners of the relay.
- Prohibited equipment: ski‐types poles (i.e. any ski pole fitted with a metal tip) are strictly forbidden.Note that the transition of the relay to the 2nd runner shall be at the 25th kilometer mark at PK 3 at the radier of the National Park.
Failing to comply with these requirements will result in the disqualification of the runner, who could be checked on at any moment during the event.
- Part 9: Medical assistance
A multi-disciplinary medical team set up by the organization will be present on site throughout the duration of the races. Members of this team will provide medical assistance to participants at each first aid station set up along the different race track. They will also promptly notify the Race Manager or his Assistant of the inability of a participant to continue any race, if need be. The final decision in this regard will however belong to the organizer.
- Part 10: Control marking points
Upon registration at the race start, participants must willingly show their bib fastened in front of them at waist height. It is compulsory for all participants of all four races to have their electronic chip supplied to them.
Control marking points are set along the track and control at such points are compulsory for the runners. The organization could check the runners’ pack, at any time during the event and at the finish line. The time keeper will determine the ranking of each runner.
For the Dodo Trail RELAY the delivery of the armband will be particularly verified by the marshals at the radier of the National Parc at PK3 where the delivery of the relay armband takes place.
- Part 11: CUT OFF
- Dodo Trail XTREME and Dodo Trail RELAY
START PK1 PK2 PK3 PK4 PK5 PK6 FINISH Check Point Emba Filao Mont sur Mont Kiosque Chamarel Kiosque des Gorges Kiosque de Maccabée view point Pétrin Entrée de Filwil Tamarinier Tourelle RIVERLAND Kilometre XTREME 0 12 17 25 30 32.5 39 45 50 Alitude (m) 1 345 300 108 577 70 35 280 2 ETA 1st runner 5:30 6:30 7:15 8:30 9:00 9:15 9:35 10:00 11:30 CUT OFF TIME XTREME 9:00 12:00 14:00 15:30 17:00 19:00
- Dodo Trail TROOPER
START PK4 PK5 PK6 FINISH CHECK POINT Parking des Gorges Kiosque de Maccabée view point Pétrin Tamarinier Matala Tourelle RIVERLAND Kilometre XTREME 0 6 16 20 25 Alitude (m) 75 577 35 280 2 ETA 1st runner 8:00 8:40 9:15 9:40 10:30 CUT OFF TIME TROOPER 15:30 17:00 19:00
- Part 12: Abandonment
If any runner abandons of any of the four races, he shall inform the person responsible of the nearest control point and hand to him his electronic chip. His bib will be crossed and he must then wait for pick-up at a pre-designated place. If the participant decides to continue the race in spite of those actions taken, he will do so at his own risks and no longer be under the legal responsibility of the Dodo Trail.
For the Dodo Trail RELAY, if one of the runners decides to abandon the race, the team shall be deemed to have abandoned and will not be timed and ranked.
Specific conditions for the Dodo Trail Relay: if the 2nd runner decides to continue the race after the abandonment of his teammate, his bib will be marked by the Marshaling team and if he/she then continues the race, he shall do so at his own risk and will not be classified.
In the event of any non-compliance with this rule, the organization cannot be held responsible for any consequence arising therefrom. In addition, the organization reserves the right not to entertain the registration of any such participant for future editions.
- Part 13: Personal assistance
Runners may only benefit from personal assistance at refreshment tables and control points, excluding any assistance: such as a pacer, helper or a carrier. Any one not complying with those rules will be disqualified.
- Part 14: Insurance
The Dodo Trail subscribes to a liability insurance for the duration of the event. This covers any prejudice caused to third parties and runners as a result of any act of the organizer. The Dodo Trail cannot be held liable as from the moment a runner abandons a race or is disqualified for having arrived at a checkpoint after the authorized time (cut off time), on the basis of a medical reason or for any other reason determined by the race director.
- Part 15 Penalty and disqualification
1. One‐hour penalty on the participant’s timing for each of the following:
- If the race number is not visible.
- If non‐authorized assistance is provided to a participant outside a refreshment post (via a “water carrier” or even a pacemaker).
- Failed to show at checkpoint.
- Failure to wear race bib.
- If the relay armband is not transmitted to the 2nd runner for the RELAY Dodo Trail.
- If the relay armband is not shown on arrival at Riverland.
- Check‐in outside the cut off times as mentioned on the race profiles.
- Making use of any type of transport during the event
- Doping or refusal to undergo the doping control.
- Non‐assistance to participant in difficulty
- Insulting, threatening or striking any Control Officer or members of the organization by participants is strictly prohibited and automatically leads to disqualification from all the four races. Any verbal or written position taken up before, during and after the race, of a defamatory or injurious nature, may be sanctioned by a prohibition to participate to any one of the races during one or more years, subject to nature of gravity of same, and without prejudice to any possible judicial proceeding whatsoever.
- Refusing to be examined by medical doctors at any moment during the race,
- Using shortcuts on the track
- Resell or exchange Dodo Trails bibs. Spot checks may take place during pre‐race checking‐in on the day of the event and, in case of infringement, any participant found wearing a bib not registered under his/her name, will immediately be disqualified from the event.
- Any runner who would be physically and psychically unfit to carry on the race.
- No bag / belt required to carry with the useful equipment.
- Failed to show at the start line or finished the race outside the set time.
- Dangerous attitude of the runner; making use of dangerous and illegal object.
Runners have to wear their race number in the front part of their vest, at chest level, to be visible by all. Runners should be able to shout their race number at different control points if required. If any runner does not do so, he or she will be disqualified.
- Part 16: Complaints
All complaints must be made in writing and filed with the Race Director or a representative of ROAG within 30 minutes of the announcement of the provisional results.
- Part 17: Trail jury
The trail jury is composed of the following persons: the race director and a representative of the ROAG team.
The trail jury makes decisions concerning any disqualification or stopping of races due to injury or inability of continuing the race on the recommendation of the race doctor.
- Part 18: Award ceremony
Prize giving ceremony will start at as from 13:30pm at Riverland Sport Centre. Winners from different categories will receive their prize/gift ONLY during the award ceremony.
- Part19: Photo, TV or Video coverage and associated rights
All participants hereby expressly waive their right to the use images related to the race, and also waive their right (if any) to bring any legal proceedings in this regard against the event organizer and its authorized partners, for any use made of his/her image. By registering to a race, participants agree that their picture could be taken, or a video where they appear be made, by the organisers for the purpose of promoting the Dodo Trail.
All professional audio‐visual service providers or professional photographs should obtain accreditation therefore from the event organizer. It is hence hereby agreed that no image, photography or video film whatsoever of the Dodo Trail 2019 event may be sold to any private partner or private TV channel by any such professionals, without prior consent from the race organizer.
- Part 20: Cancellation of the Event
There will be no refund of registration fees in case of cancellation of the race due to an event of force majeure. For the purposes of this article, the participants fully acknowledge that the force majeure is constituted by any adverse event likely to significantly affect the Dodo Trail, including, but not limited to:
- Notice of heavy rain
- Notice of thunder
- Strong wind warning
- Electric storm
- Tropical storm, depression, cyclone
- Emergency state
- Threat or terrorist attack or alert
- In general, any condition that the organizer considers threatening the safety of the participants during the race, without notice, without compensation.
- Such a decision of cancellation of the organizer due to a force majeure as contractually defined above by the organizer, may be taken without notice, especially in case of emergency and shall not give rise to any compensation of participants of any kind, which the participants expressly acknowledge without any reservation whatsoever.
In the event the Dodo trail is cancelled for any reason whatsoever after it has started, there will be no refund to the participants.
- Part 21: Amendment of the race track
The organization team reserves the right to amend the race track at any time, without prior notice.
Any such change shall not give rise to a refund of the participants’ registration fees.
- Part 22: Change of race
Requests for change of race can only be done on race pack day through the race office.
- Part 23: General conditions
All participants agree to abide by these rules by virtue of their registration to the Dodo Trail and that the organizers of the Dodo Trail shall not be liable in the event of an incident or accident that is not a result of the act of the organizer.