- Part 1: Organization and details of the event
Ze Dodo Trail Ltd (BRN C12113791) organizes the Dodo Trail which is part of the Mauritian trail calendar which is held in the Western part of Mauritius.
Five races shall be organized on Sunday 8th of July 2018:
- Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km: starting at 5.30 am near the kitesurf’s beach at Le Morne
- Dodo Trail RELAY 2X25km on the Dodo Trail XTREME 50km track: starting at 5.30 am near the kitesurf’s beach at Le Morne
- Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km: starting at 8.00 am at the parking of the National Park
- Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km: starting at 9.00 am at the Riverview commercial centre
- Dodo Trail FUN RUN 5 km: starting at 9.00 am at the Riverland Sport Centre
The finish line of all 5 races will be at the Riverland Sport Centre at Tamarin.
- Part 2: Medical Condition
Participants of the Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km, Dodo Trail RELAY 2X25km on the Dodo Trail XTREME 50km track, Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km and Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km must attach a medical certificate to confirm they are physically fit to run the trail.
Please take note that the RTN medical certificate or any club licence for the year 2018 shall be accepted.
Further note that the medical certificate is compulsory to complete the registration. The registration will be considered as incomplete as long as all documents requested are not provided together with the payment. Participants having an incomplete registration will be automatically placed on a waiting list and there is no guarantee that their registration will be considered once completed.
Please note: People doing the Dodo FUN RUN 5 km must also be in good health.
- Part 3: Registrations
Registrations are open as from the 8th of March to the 15th of June 2018
Registrations must be done through the website dedicated to the trail, www.dodotrail.com and via a secured online payment. Payments can either be made by Credit Card, Internet Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit on the ROAG website. A proof of payment must be sent via mail to [email protected] for Internet Bank Transfers and Bank Deposits.
Compulsory information required is mentioned on the website and registration form.
Quotas are introduced for the 7th edition (2018). Only the first 2000 first complete enrolments will be admitted to the race.
REGISTRATION FEES DODO TRAIL
DATES From 8th of March to 30th of May 2018 Races Dodo Trail XTREME
Dodo Trail Relay 50KM- 2 Runners 25KM each on the 50KM Track Dodo Trail Trooper 25KM Dodo Trail Active 10KM Dodo Trail Fun Run 5KM IBL Runners Rs 1,600 Rs 2,200 Rs 1,100 Rs 850 Rs 650 RTN/Pat Loisir Runners Rs 1,800 Rs 2,400 Rs 1,200 Rs 900 Rs 650 Resident Runners Rs 2,000 Rs 2,600 Rs 1,300 Rs 950 Rs 650 Non-Resident Runners Rs 2,800 (70€) Rs 4,000 (100€) Rs 2,000 (50€) Rs 1,200 (30€) Rs 650 (15€) DATES From 1st of June to 15th of June 2018 Races Dodo Trail XTREME
Dodo Trail Relay 50KM- 2 Runners 25KM each on the 50KM Track Dodo Trail Trooper 25KM Dodo Trail Active 10KM Dodo Trail
Fun Run 5KM
IBL Runners Rs 1,900 Rs 2,600 Rs 1,300 Rs 1,050 Rs 800 RTN/Pat Loisir Runners Rs 2,150 Rs 2,900 Rs 1,450 Rs 1,100 Rs 800 Resident Runners Rs 2,400 Rs 3,600 Rs 1,800 Rs 1,150 Rs 800 Non-Resident Runners Rs 3,200 (80€) Rs 4800 (120€) Rs 2,400 (60€) Rs 1,440 (35€) Rs 800 (20€)
- Part 4: Cancellations
In case of cancellation of registration by the participant:
- From 08/03/2018 to 30/05/2018- A refund of 50% minus a 5% Bank Charge will be made upon a request sent to [email protected] for any cancellations.
- From 01/06/2018 to 08/07/2018: No refund for cancellation made for any reason whatsoever (even injuries attested with a medical certificate or for travelling purposes)
Any participant who cannot participate in the race will not be entitled to exchange or resell his/her bib. The organization team will not be responsible of any damages sustained by the participant or by any damages that the latter could cause to the other participants.
- Part 5: Minimum age restrictions
- A minimum age of 18 years old is required to run the Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km, the Dodo Trail RELAY (2X25km on the Dodo Trail XTREME 50 Km track) and the Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km
- A minimum age of 12 years old is required to run the Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km.
- The Dodo Trail FUN RUN is open for children from 5-14 years (Ranking will be reserved for children only up to 14 years old). Parents accompanying their children must pay their registration fees but they will not be ranked. Children under 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minors must provide a parental authorization to apply to any race.
- Part 6: Categories of participants and rankings
Runners (Men & Women) of the four main races the Dodo Trail XTREME, the Dodo Trail RELAY, the Dodo Trail TROOPER and the Dodo Trail ACTIVE will be classified as per the age group categories below (The participants’ age on 31 December 2018 determines their respective categories).
- Overall : First 5 Men & Women
- Children (12 to 15 years) – First 3 Men & Women of the Dodo Trail ACTIVE only
- Junior (15 to 19 years) : First 3 Men & Women of the Dodo Trail ACTIVE only
- Senior (20 to 39 years) : First 3 Men & Women
- Veteran 1 (40 to 49 years) : First 3 Men & Women
- Veteran 2 (50 to 59 years) : First 3 Men & Women
- Veteran 3 (60 to 69 years) : First 3 Men & Women
- Master (70 years and above) : First 3 Men & Women
Each runner will receive his/her race timing in hours, minutes and seconds. The stopwatch of the organizing team will be the only official method of timekeeping. In case of ex-aequo, the prize will be attributed to the older runner.
For the Dodo Trail RELAY: the timing will be given by team and the team timing will be in hours, minutes and seconds. The stopwatch of the organizing team will be the only official method of timekeeping. In case of a tie, the prize will be awarded to the oldest team (Age of 2 runners added).
There shall be no official ranking for the Dodo Trail FUN RUN 5 km.
- Part 7: Equipment provided by the organization
- A race tee‐shirt
- An electronic chip
- A race bib
- A medal (for the 50km, 25 km and 10 km races only)
- A Meal
- Refreshment tables (water, coke, sugar, salt, bananas …) along the different tracks even if the trail is based on the principle of food and drink self-sufficiency
A contribution of Rs 50 to FORENA for the rehabilitation of the endemic forest in the National Park – more info
Prohibited equipment: ski‐types poles (i.e. any ski pole fitted with a metal tip) are strictly forbidden.
- Part 8: Compulsory equipment
- Dodo Trail FUN RUN 5 km: Proper running shoes.
- Dodo Trail ACTIVE 10 km: Water (min 1L), and proper trail running shoes.
- Dodo Trail TROOPER 25 km : Water (min 1L), whistle, and proper trail running shoes
- Dodo Trail XTREME 50 km: Water (min 2L), thermal blanket, head lamp with spare batteries, whistle, proper trail running shoes. A pair of gloves could be useful.
- Dodo Trail Relay: the relay armband, water (min 1L), whistle, appropriate running shoes for each of the 2 runners of the relay.
The transition of the relay to the 2nd runner shall be at the 25th kilometer mark at PK 3 at Radier of the National Park.
Failing to comply with these requirements will result in the disqualification of the runner, who could be checked at any moment during the event.
- Part 9: Medical assistance
A multi-disciplinary medical team set up by the organization will be present on site throughout the duration of the races. Members of this team will provide medical assistance to participants at each first aid station set up along the different race track. They will also promptly notify the Race Manager or his Assistant of the inability of a participant to continue any race, if need be. The final decision in this regard will however belong to the organizer.
- Part 10: Control marking points
Upon registration at the race start, participants must willingly show their bib fastened in front of them at waist height. It is compulsory for all participants of all four races to have their electronic chip supplied to them.
Control marking points are set along the track and control at such points are compulsory for the runners. The organization could check the runners’ pack, at any time during the event and at the finish line. The time keeper will determine the ranking of each runner.
For the Dodo Trail RELAY the delivery of the armband will be particularly verified by the marshals at the radier of the National Parc at PK3 where the delivery of the relay armband takes place.
Specific conditions for the Dodo Trail Relay: if the 2nd runner decides to continue the race after the abandonment of his teammate, his bib will be marked by the Marshelling team and if he/she then continues the race, he shall do so at his own risk and will not be classified.
- Part 11: Abandonment
If any runner abandons of any of the four races, he shall inform the person responsible of the nearest control point and hand to him both his bib and electronic chip. In the event of any non-compliance with this rule, the organization cannot be held responsible for any consequence arising therefrom. In addition, the organization reserves the right not to entertain the registration of any such participant for future editions.
- Part 12: Personal assistance
Runners may only benefit from personal assistance at refreshment tables and control points, excluding any assistance: such as a pacer, helper or a carrier. Any one not complying with those rules will be disqualified.
- Part 13: Insurance
The Dodo Trail subscribes to a liability insurance for the duration of the event. This covers any prejudice caused to third parties and runners as a result of any act of the organizer. The Dodo Trail cannot be held liable as from the moment a runner abandons a race or is disqualified for having arrived at a checkpoint after the authorized time, on the basis of a medical reason or for any other reason determined by the race director.
- Part 14: Penalty and disqualification
1. One‐hour penalty:
- If the race number is not visible.
- If non‐authorized assistance is provided to a participant outside a refreshment post (via a “water carrier” or even a pacemaker).
- Failed to show at checkpoint.
- Failure to wear race bib.
- If the relay armband is not transmitted to the 2nd runner for the RELAY Dodo Trail.
- If the relay armband is not shown on arrival at Riverland.
- Check‐in outside the cut off times as mentioned on the race profiles.
- Making use of any type of transport during the event
- Doping or refusal to undergo the doping control.
- Non‐assistance to participant in difficulty
- Insulting, threatening or striking any Control Officer or members of the organization by participants is strictly prohibited and automatically leads to disqualification from all the four races. Any verbal or written position taken up before, during and after the race, of a defamatory or injurious nature, may be sanctioned by a prohibition to participate to any one of the races during one or more years, subject to nature of gravity of same, and without prejudice to any possible judicial proceeding whatsoever.
- Refusing to be examined by medical doctors at any moment during the race,
- Using shortcuts on the track
- Resell or exchange DoDo Trails bibs. Spot checks may take place during pre‐race checking‐in on the day of the event and, in case of infringement, any participant found wearing a bib not registered under his/her name, will immediately be disqualified from the event.
- Any runner who would physically and psychically unfit to carry on the race.
- No bag / belt required to carry with the useful equipment.
- Failed to show at the start line or finished the race outside the set time.
- Dangerous attitude of the runner; making use of dangerous and illegal object.
- Runners have to wear their race number in the front part of their vest, at chest level, to be visible by all. Runners should be able to shout their race number at different control points if required. If any runner does not do so, he or she will be disqualified.
- Part 15: Complaints
All claims must be made in writing and filed with the Race Director (ROAG) within 30 minutes of the announcement of the provisional results.
- Part 16: Trail jury
The trail jury is composed of the following persons: the race director and a representative of the ROAG team.
The trail jury makes decisions concerning any disqualification or stopping of races due to injury or inability of continuing the race on the recommendation of the race doctor.
- Part 17: Award ceremony
Prize giving ceremony will start at 2.00pm at Riverland Sport Centre. Winners from different categories will receive their prize/gift ONLY during the award ceremony.
- Part18: Photo, TV or Video coverage and associated rights
All participants hereby expressly waives to any image usage right throughout the race, and also waive their right (if any) to bring any legal proceedings in this regard against the event organizer and its authorized partners, for any use made of his/her image. All professional audio‐visual service providers or professional photographs should obtain accreditation therefore from the event organizer. It is hence hereby agreed that no image, photography or video film whatsoever of the Dodo Trail 2018 event may be sold to any private partner or private TV channel by any such professionals, without prior consent from the race organizer.
- Part 19: Cancellation of the Event
There will be no refund of registration fees in case of cancellation of the race due to an event of force majeure. For the purposes of this clause, the participants fully acknowledge that the force majeure is constituted by any adverse event likely to significantly affect the Dodo Trail, without the list below being exhaustive:
- Notice of heavy rain
- Strong wind warning
- Electric storm
- Tropical storm, depression, cyclone
- Emergency state
- Threat or terrorist attack or alert
- In general, any condition that the organizer considers threatening the safety of the participants during the race, without notice, without compensation.
Such a decision of cancellation of the organizer due to a force majeure as contractually defined above by the organizer, may be taken without notice, especially in case of emergency and shall not give rise to any compensation of participants of any kind, which the participants expressly acknowledge without any reservation whatsoever.
In the event the Dodo trail is cancelled for any reason whatsoever after it has started, there will be no refund to the participants.
- Part 20: Amendment of the race track
The organization team reserves the right to amend the race track at any time, without prior notice.
Any such change shall not give rise to a refund of the participants’ registration fees.
- Part 21: Change of race
Requests for change of race can only be done on race pack day through the race office.
- Part 22: General conditions
All participants agree to abide by these rules by virtue of their registration to the Dodo Trail and that the organizers of the Dodo Trail shall not be liable in the event of an incident or accident that is not through the act of the organizer.